Working with Issues - Issue status
To the far left of an issue listing, below the issue priority is a drop-down menu that indicates the "status" of the issue. The status options are:
- Open - this is the default status. It indicates that the issue needs to be resolved.
- Fixed - means that the issue has been fixed or remediated in the code. If the issue is marked as Fixed but isn't really fixed, when the page is re-analyzed the issue will be marked as Open again.
- Ignored - Scenarios where an issue may be marked as Ignored include:
- The issue may be a real issue, but you want to ignore it for the time being because it is part of a different effort, or will be addressed in a later phase.
- The issue may be a false positive or you do not intend to address it at all. If the issue is deleted, when the page is re-analyzed the issue will be added to the issue list again and marked as Open. To avoid this, mark the issue as Ignored.
These options are used for issue triage, remediation and retest.
Go back to: Working with Issues - Overview.